Saturday 18 February 2012

In town with Astrid & Ivan


How can you resiste a day like this? and with company?


The docks area in Welly is arty, friendly, cool. Perfect place to chill.











Astrid has no legs!!!

Oh yes she has.... phew...

There were these little girls, just having the time of their lives, so scared of jumping into the water from the plank. And then we all helped them with a countdown - and they jumped!


Well... one did



and, then the second

and then they just kept on jumping!
I had forgotten how great life is for children away from England. It reminded me of my own childhood and the utter freedoom we used to have.
Bliss and happiness to hang around with your friends in summertime...

Then Ivan showed me the Pirate Ship


It's the ship that takes the whale rights fighters to the high seas to stop the japanese hunting them. 





And off they go, the pier jumping girls

Apetece-me assobiar a musica do Verano Azul!!!!



And guess what, here they are again! The next pier!!!
The irony of the building being the Ambulance service wasn't lost on us....

I just thought they were training to later beat the boys in the crazy sport of pier jumping.
I would!




Lovely Weta statue...


No comments:

Post a Comment