Monday 26 August 2013

My birthday present to myself

After Queenstown with the snowboarding and all the work friends I chose to spend a bit of time on my own. As a self recovery trip. To reset myself and have time to think about me and life. 
My first plan was to drive around the South Island but I needed warmth and sea, so I ended up in Rarotonga, Cook Islands. In the middle of the Pacific, a tropical paradise. Exactly like a postcard... a place to feel alive and experience the world in style and a little luxury. At least once in my life.











































I felt re-energised and happy after.
I went back to wellington, landed on my birthday, and spent the day fixing the broken window in my car.
All of that didn't matter. The next day at work I had a birthday surprise from my friends. Unexpected but very welcomed, after the first few minutes of terror.... when you are on the other side of the world, your friends are your family. 
And I am a very lucky woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment